Heroes Cards: Take the 25 Heroes from the standard version of the game and plus the new Heroes from 3 vs 3 Expansion Pack and replace the heroes with the same name from the core game with the ones from the expansion pack.
WEI Heroes：CAO Cao, SIMA Yi, ZHANG Liao, GUO Jia, ZHEN Ji, XIAHOU Yuan, XU Huang, WEN Pin.
SHU Heroes：LIU Bei, GUAN Yu, ZHANG Fei, ZHUGE Liang, ZHAO Yun, MA Chao, HUANG Yueying, JIANG Wei.
WU Heroes：SUN Quan, GAN Ning, HUANG Gai, ZHOU Yu, DA Qiao, SUN Shangxiang, SUN Jian, XIAO Qiao, SUN Ce, ZHUGE Jin.
NEUTRAL Heroes：HUA Tuo, LU Bu, DIAO Chan, PANG De, JIA Xu.
Replace the deck cards with the new cards from the expansion pack and take out the lightning cards.
Life Card：6 cards (2 with 4,5 points and 4 with 3,4 points)
Role Card：6 cards
Use the deck from the standard version of LTK (without the 2 Lightning) = Total of 106 deck cards.
Setting up the Team
First of all team battle does not involve role playing, and the red & blue team Captain randomly select from the Monarch & Turn-coat card. Monarch and 2 ministers will be the red team and blue team being the turn-coat and 2 rebels.
Both team will be sitting opposing the other team at the end of the table, with the team captains in the middle between the lieutenants.
Red & Blue Initiative
Divide all the 32 Hero cards into 4 piles of 8 cards each and each captain pick a pile to be used for this game. Flip all the 16 Hero cards face up where then the red team captain choose to pick first or give the initiative to the blue team. First team captain select first and select 1 hero and follow by the other team captain select 2 heroes and using the 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 1 as guide till all the hero cards are selected, all the selected heroes are face up revealed to both team captain. After hero selection both team captain select 3 heroes to be used for this game. Afterwards both team reveal the heroes to be used and start the game.
1. LTK 3v3 is played with two sides, the red side and the blue side. Each side has 1 captain and 2 lieutenants. Victory is achieved when the captain on either side is defeated.
2. 3v3 battle does not involve role playing. The red & blue team captains are randomly select from the Monarch (Red) & Turn-coat (Blue) card. Monarch (captain) and 2 ministers (lieutenants) form the red team while Turn-coat (captain) and 2 Rebels (lieutenants) form the blue team.
Both teams will be sitting opposing each other on opposite sides of the table with the team captains seated in between the lieutenants as shown below:
3. Both captains flip a card from the deck, the side with the larger numbered card goes first during hero selection. Every odd-numbered round hero selection is determined by card flip. Every even-number round hero selection alternates
4. The match referee divides all 32 hero cards into 4 stacks of 8 cards and places the stacks face down onto the middle of the table. Each captain chooses 1 stack. The chosen 2 stacks of 16 heroes are immediately placed face up on the table. As the referee places these heroes, he must announce each hero's name. These 16 are the heroes used during the selection phase.
5. Both captain have 1 minute to review the 16 heroes. The player who won the card flip then chooses the Blue or Red side. The referee then places the corresponding role card next to the players (or center of the table during tournament).
6. The Red team captain will choose within a time limit of 10 seconds. If no choice is made, the red side chooses heroes first.
1. Divide the 32 Hero cards into 4 piles of 8 cards each. Each captain picks a pile to be used for this game. Flip the chosen 16 Hero cards face up followed by the red team captain choosing to pick first or defer the selection to the blue team. The first team captain to select, selects 1 hero followed by the other team captain selecting 2 heroes. Afterwards, each captain alternates two selections until the first team captain ends up with the last unselected hero. The selection process should follow 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 1 as a guide. Selected heroes must be placed face up, revealed to both team captains. After hero selection ends, each team captain must choose 3 heroes from the 8 he has selected to be used for this game. After both captains have finished choosing 3 heroes, reveal the heroes to the other captain and start the game.
2. The selection timer is 15 seconds. If no choice is made, the referee will assign the earliest placed heroes
3. There is a 10 second confirmation phase after all heroes are selected
4. From the 8 heroes, the captain has 90 seconds to select 3 heroes to play and give the rest of the hero cards to the referee. Once these cards are in the hand of the referee, they cannot be changed.
1. The Lieutenants enter the arena and sit in their captain-designated seats.
2. The referee distributes health cards then announces the heroes.
3. The game starts with blue team captain's turn or he/she can choose to defer initiative to red team captain to have the first turn. The captain of the side that goes first must take his turn first.
4. Every player starts with 4 hand cards
① The game starts with blue team captain's turn or he/she can choose to defer initiative to red team captain to have the first turn.
Example: When Red team captain start his/her turn, rotate the role card as shown to indicate the start of the turn.
② When Red team captain's turn is over, the Blue team captain will then be able to choose to have a turn first or let the lieutenants each have a turn first (in this case both lieutenants will have a turn in the order the captain chooses).
Example: When Blue team captain chooses to let the lieutenant go first, rotate the role card as shown to indicate the start of the turn.
③ After the turn is over for both of Blue team's lieutenants, the Red team's lieutenants will start their turns. The Red team captain had his/her turn first as indicated by the rotated card, the team captain can only choose the order the lieutenants can have their turns.
Example: Red team captain chooses which lieutenant to start the turn, rotate the role card as shown to indicate the start of the turn.
④ After Red captain and the lieutenants of both team have their turns, Blue captain is the only one who has not taken a turn. Once Blue captain takes his/her turn, the first round ends.
Example: The Blue captain rotates the role card and indicates the end of the round after his/her turn ends.
⑤ After the first round ends, all the role cards are rotated to original positions. The Red team captain will have initiative again.
Example: The Red captain will have initiative and choose to start or let the lieutenants start first.
Example: The captain who have initiative while always have initiative after reset.
⑦ When both of the lieutenants are killed on either team, the other team will be able to have the captain and lieutenants take turns in a row. This creates a huge advantage for the team.
Example: The lieutenants of Red team are killed, the Blue captain will have a turn. Because the lieutenants of Red are killed, the turn goes to Blue's lieutenants.
⑧ When all the players have taken their turns, reset the role card and continue to the next round until the Captain on either team is killed.
Example: The game ends with the defeat of either team captain.
7. Turn Phases
1. Start Phase: The following abilities may be used during this phase: Siren, Astrology, Heroic Soul, Heroic Aura, Provoke, and Master of Warfare. XiaHou Yuan’s swiftness may be used in between start and judgement phases.
2. Judgement phase: If a hero has a judgement card in his judgement field, he must reveal a judgement draw.
3. Draw phase: The referee will distribute 2 cards to the player. Once the referee's hand leaves the cards, the draw phase concludes. The following abilities may be used during this phase: Heroism, Assault, and Charity, where Swiftness may be used in between draw and play phases.
4. Play phase: The play phase timer is 15 seconds. During play phase, abilities must be explicitly announced before they take effect. Any number of scroll cards may be played. The target and name of a scroll card must be explicitly declared when scroll card is played. Only 1 strike card may be played per turn.
5. Discard phase: If player has more hand cards than current life, he must discard hand cards until he has the same number of cards as current life.
6. End phase: Referee announces hand card size and current health of current player during end phase. Eclipse may be used during this phase.
7. Players must announce ability activation during any phase within 5 seconds, otherwise, player relinquishes ability activation.
The time limit for 3 vs 3 Team battle is 30 minutes with overtime. The game ends with the defeat of either captain's hero:
1. Hero health is determined by the health indicator on upper left of card. Captains have +1 health
2. Captain: Captain of team. Game ends when the captain is defeated
3. Lieutenant. Any player who defeats a lieutenant immediately draws 2 cards as reward
4. Unrotated position: Indicates a player has not taken his turn
5. Rotated position: Indicates a player has already taken a turn
6. Reset: When all roles are in the rotated position, immediately return all role cards to the unrotated position.
7. Turn: Either the captain can take a turn or he may choose both lieutenants to have a turn. Only unrotated roles can take turns
8. Round: A new round starts when all roles are Reset and ends when all roles are rotated.
9. Defeat: Once a hero loses all life, he is defeated. He must flip his role card and discard all played cards and hand cards to the discard pile.
10. Expendable ability: This ability can only be used once per game.
11. Awoken ability: The ability activates immediately when the conditions are met. The ability can only be used once; the effect is permanent and lasts until the end of the game.
12. Flip Card: Both sides draw 1 random card from the deck and places it face up to compare numbers. Ace is the smallest, King is the largest. The side with the largest number wins. If numbers are equal, repeat until one side is larger.
13. Announcement: Player must verbally announce card or hero abilities upon use(only during official tournament, no need for casual play).
14. Referee: Responsible for card distribution and judging. All players must abide by the referee's ruling.
15. Forfeit: At any point, if any captain declares he/she forfeit, that side loses the match.
16. Heroes Remaining: Number of heroes alive when match ends. If one side surrenders, their number is 0.
17. Life lost: Difference between current and maximum life. Only Heroes Remaining can calculate life lost.
18. Overtime: When normal match time expires with no victor, overtime begins according to the following: If all three heroes remain for both sides, play 1 round. If two heroes remain for both sides, play 2 rounds. If only 1 hero remains, play 3 rounds.
Arrow Barrage: target all other players. The player who uses this card chooses to calculate the result clock wise or counter-clock wise.
Barbarian Invasion: target all other players. The player who uses this card chooses to calculate the result clock wise or counter-clock wise.
Bountiful Harvest: target all players starting with player. The player who uses this card chooses to calculate the result clock wise or counter-clock wise before cards are revealed from the deck.
Peach Garden: target all players starting with player. The player who uses this card chooses to calculate the result clock wise or counter-clock wise.
In this game mode, Heroes cannot use monarch abilities.
While playing 3 vs 3 team battle, no hand gestures or verbal communication (table talk) is allowed between players.
For more info on 3 vs 3 tournament please email us at：email@example.com
LTK Official Website：